Saturday, April 2, 2011

I can, because He can.


So i arrived at UofN Kona, blinked, and here I am 3 weeks later blown away yet again by how good God is! Just when i think i have Him figured out He reveals more of himself to me. I say Lord, keep it coming! 
The past few weeks my fellow staff and I have been busy training and preparing for the arrival of over 50 students. Staff training consisted of listening to many of the  experienced people on campus imparting wisdom from their own experiences, struggles, and words from the Lord to all of the new staff on base. One thing that was spoken to us over and over again was the importance of seeking the Lord first in everything we do every day. To find our strength in Him. To seek the Lord and have faith in the things that He speaks to our hearts. To fully believe and rejoice in his promises to us. Even to take it a step further and thank Him in advance for the things he will do. Today, Andy Byrd (one of the leaders on campus) said "the Lord sees us prophetically". He knows what he has created us to be and will put us in position to walk in our calling and give us grace to accomplish all that he has called us to do. 
I am always one to say "why me?" and "who am i?" and "how on earth will i..?". But lately God is highlighting to me that it really is not about me. It is God in me.By saying I can't what I am really saying is that He can't. I believe that God can do anything, therefore, with Him I can do anything, I still have so much to learn and so much growing to do but I have this overwhelming excitement in me for what God is about to do through me. There is nothing like the joy that comes when you surrender all to Him.  
If you are praying please pray for increased faith and vision for the next six months, especially for my 3 month outreach. Thanks to all who are out there praying faithfully for me. I know your prayers are making a difference.  My prayer for all of you back home is that the Lord will speak to you about the plans He has for you and for a spirit of faith to fall in C-town. 
Sincerely yours but forever wrecked,
Jessica 

1 comment: